Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Ajijic!

We entered the large open Customs and Immigration area and began peeling off sweaters and jackets. We had each completed one page on the plane but were given another, one more per household for completion. As I entered the line, a young lady asked me for the form but I explained I hadn’t completed it because it was only in Spanish and I didn’t want to make a mistake. She replied that she would help and she cheerfully did. When completed she left me with, “Have nice time while you’re here.” Do you think maybe we could use these agents to train ours?


As soon as Julio dropped us at the house Jim and Dennis went off to buy coffee at Jim’s favorite place. It must not have been too close by though as they were gone for quite awhile. The coffee when they returned smelled delicious! Next they went out for groceries and the grocery store was also very far away. They bought so much they had to stop along the way to rest!



This morning we went to the Wednesday market. Beautiful fruits, vegetables, beadwork, silver and gemstone jewelry, handmade soap, etc., etc. etc. yes, I spent a little money on three pair of earrings and a bracelet—less than $30.00. The beadwork on the earrings and bracelet are amazing. We could watch him make it. I can’t believe he doesn’t need glasses. Then we stopped for breakfast and back home.


Jim and Dennis are now out doing some research on taking a trip to Tonala and Tlaquepaque for more beautiful artwork. But both places have bars and plazas. They’re also researching a microbrewery which will probably take quite a bit of time. They are very thorough when they are off doing research. Oh, and I think there was mention of some place named Tom’s. I’m sure that’s another tour company. Speaking to the two departing backs, my last words were to remind them that the streets are paved with rocks and are really hard on the knees. I sure hope they paid attention!