Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Hello Vietnam!


The World According to Dennis:
Ok, we’re in Hanoi, Vietnam.  But please allow me to digress, we were on the Viet Jet ready to take off when the flight attendants did their visual in-flight demo on seat belts, oxygen masks, etc. For once I listened. I heard him say something I hadn’t heard before related to an emergency water landing. “Your life jacket has a water activated blinking light over your left shoulder to notify rescuers of your location.”  I thought, “that could happen becasue we’re going over the  ocean between Japan and Vietnam.”  Then I started to chuckle.  When the flight attendant was finished and was rounding up his gear, I tapped his arm and said, “That light on the life vest isn’t really for rescuers to spot us, right?”  He looked puzzled as I said, “that light is to alert sharks in the area so there won’t be any witnesses, right?”  He still looked puzzled. Then I realized, he didn’t speak English.  Some of my best stuff is wasted on people who don’t/can’t appreciate my extraordinary sense of humor!  Which brings me to Cindy.  She overheard my comments to the attendant, looked at me, turned her face to the window where she didn’t think I’d see the eye roll, then turned back to me with a tight lipped smile that said, “you ain’t that funny.” That’s it for my writing today.  You’ll have to rely on her account of what we actually saw and did.  See you tomorrow.
P.S. When she typed this? Hardly broke a smile.

Cindy—
I typed it, no comment.

We are in Hanoi in the beautiful Tirant hotel.  I’m just going to show you some photos and call it a day. Thanks to Sue and Nancy for telling us about Funny Travels. They are the best!



Joe’s (Tu’s) Office






  

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed these pictures!!!! The hotel looks beautiful, the room is gorgeous! The picture of you and Dennis with the wine has a beautiful background!! Xoxoxo have fun, be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. buy monetized youtube channel

    ReplyDelete