Saturday, January 26, 2019

Why Cindy Needs a Travel Agent

In my younger days I flew from Chicago to Phoenix and back.  On my return flight my friend dropped me off in plenty of time to catch my noon flight back to Chicago. But no one was around the AA check-in counter.  Finally someone came out and then the bomb was dropped—it was a midnight flight, hence the name redeye!  Luckily I could get on the next flight without much of a wait.
Imagine my dismay, disappointment, chagrin when the same thing happened with our Eva Airlines flight to Japan. We were in plenty of time for our noon flight.  But there were no agents in sight.  So we had breakfast and coffee.  Still no agents.  The information booth was just outside the restauant kiosk.  “Oh dear,” she said. “That flight left at  :20” or in my time, 20 minutes after midnight.  I didn’t do this again!?  I couldn’t do this again!!  I did it again!  Bad word, bad word!!!
Dennis in his good natured caring way urged me not to beat myself up.  (He’d do it for me.). So ...
The World According to Dennis:
Okay, we made it to Kyoto (a day late) and are ready to try (again) to begin this adventure, :-) How did this happen? We thought we’d get to O’Hare at least three hours early because of possible delays with TSA and the government shut down. We arrived at 8:00 AM for noon flight. We were the only ones checking in. Strange? We thought so too. We asked the lady at the EVA Airline desk when we could check-in. She said,”Tonight about 9:00 PM. What? What! Instead of arriving four hours early we were eight hours late! Our flight left at 12:00 AM NOT 12:00 PM. We missed our flight, our connection to Japan in Taipei, our transportation to the hotel, and our first night at the hotel! Holy #@*#!!! Long story short? After many phone calls and time spent our travel agent managed to untangle this ball of yarn. Debbie, our agent got it worked with just a little additional collateral damage ($) for the flight change We were lucky. Word of advice? Whenever you plan a trip with lots of stops and logistics, always work with a travel agent. If problems occur, they can save you a lot of time, heartache, and money.
At O’Hare

Hello Kitty!!
Impressed
So as I said starting this post, we’re now in Kyoto (a day late) ready to try (again) to be in this adventure. Wondering what else we did and didn’t do...aye Karumba!! Stay Tuned.
PS Did you notice? Cindy is strangely quiet.



Sent from my iPad













1 comment:

  1. Ay, Karumba! You both make me laugh. I'm sorry for the confusion and the trouble although those moments are also part of the adventure! You both surely know how to make the best out of everything. We'll be reading you. Lots of kisses from us 4!

    ReplyDelete