Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Where’s the Camera??

The World According to Dennis:
The best photos opps always happen when the camera or cell phone aren’t handy. Let me explain.We had just been dropped off at the airport in Da Nang to catch our flight to Ethiopia. We were using the elevator to get to departures and Cindy was wheeling her suitcase in first. She had the handle up with her smaller case over the top and was pushing the whole thing from behind when she hit the lip on the floor.  I watched it happen in slow motion. The suitcase started to fall forward and she’s trying to pull it back up from behind.  As she tries to pull it up, she straddles it and next she’s running into the elevator trying to stay upright.  It was hilarious!  It was better than watching a rodeo! I couldn’t stop laughing.  Needless to say, she didn’t think it was nearly as funny as I did and as she got up with her suitcases now in hand, she growled, “Thanks for the help, Sweetheart.” It might have been a different endearment but I choose to remember it this way. Wish I could have gotten a picture.  You’d have loved it.

One other pic I missed was of a little Vietnamese toddler about 18 months old. We were in line and he was toddling and crawling around on the floor between our legs. Then he stood up, craned his neck back to look up at Cindy, and put both of his arms around her legs in a hug with the biggest smile on his face. He found a grandma. Everybody in line smiled. You couldn’t help it. I admit, it was much cuter than when she rode her suitcase.  See ya in Ethiopia...

Cindy’s Notes:
No comment on the first paragraph.
The little boy was adorable. Big dark eyes full of trust, big big smile, just angelic.  I wish we’d gotten a photo too. What a memory!





No comments:

Post a Comment